Sunday, July 20, 2014

Putting By My Favorite Refrigerator Dill Pickles


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Most summers, I spend a good deal of time canning and freezing produce that I know my family especially enjoys. I've never viewed it as a chore, and I must admit that my pioneer spirit, rather than economics, first drew, and then kept me at the canning kettle. Things are a bit different this year. We moved to smaller quarters this past spring and the size of my new kitchen precludes marathon canning sessions. Now, while I should completely eliminate the process, I still sneak in a jam or pickle when time permits. Habits are hard to break, and to completely eliminate putting by the summer's harvest would break my connection to the soil and end the sense of satisfaction that comes with pantry shelves lined with jars that I've personally filled and preserved. While those shelves no longer groan with the weight they bear, they still hold a jar or two that bears my name, and tonight I added pickles to their burden. I returned from the lake today, with cucumbers as green as my sunburned nose is red, and I've just finished a batch of my favorite refrigerator pickles. They are simple to make and so delicious that they are addicting. The recipe is one of the most popular on my blog and it has been viewed over a half a million times. While many of you have already seen and tried the pickles, they are so good that I want to make them available to newcomers and those who might have overlooked them first time around. You can find the recipe for Refrigerator Dill Pickles, here.


Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                                    Older Posts


                   One Year Ago Today:                                                Two Years Ago Today:
              Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs                                    Meatballs in Caramelized Onion Gravy


          Three Years Ago Today:                                                     Four Years Ago Today: 
        Frozen Pudding Cream Cake                                                    Flaked Parsley Salad

3 comments :

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

These look easy and delicious. Apart from less space to can, are you enjoying your smaller home?

Fondly,
Glenda

Mary Bergfeld said...

Most definitely, Glenda. Hugs and blessings...Mary

From the Kitchen said...

If you pickle it, I will eat it!! These are just screaming for a hamburger with only light mustard, a big slice of a fresh Vidalia onion and a slew of the pickles.

Best,
Bonnie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly